Moderator note: Split from
www.railforums.co.uk
What a dreadful incident. His poor family, and the driver.
These crossings are so dangerous and I am surprised more work hasn't been done to make the visual surroundings more compelling - I've long held the view that foot crossings like this should be paved bright red or yellow to focus users who aren't paying attention, and have some form of bright and ugly artefact in the four foot to deter risky photography (the appeal of which is neat, parallel lines, not the risk itself).
RAIB Report on footcrossing fatality at Bourneview, London Borough of Croydon, 25/01/25
The RAIB have today released their report on the above accident. See Full Report here SUMMARY: At about 08:03 on Thursday 23 January 2025, an 11-year-old child was struck and fatally injured by a passenger train at Bourneview footpath crossing, near Kenley in the London Borough of Croydon...
What a dreadful incident. His poor family, and the driver.
These crossings are so dangerous and I am surprised more work hasn't been done to make the visual surroundings more compelling - I've long held the view that foot crossings like this should be paved bright red or yellow to focus users who aren't paying attention, and have some form of bright and ugly artefact in the four foot to deter risky photography (the appeal of which is neat, parallel lines, not the risk itself).
Last edited by a moderator: