I was on the delayed 11.03 Birmingham to Edinburgh train today. It initially said it would be departing at 11.19, but eventually departed at 11.22
I checked the 11.19 BHM to Nottingham and it said that was delayed 2 mins , so I thought my train would set off first.
Eventually the 11.19 Nottingham train departed at 11.21 and the Edinburgh train departed at 11.22
This meant that the Edinburgh train crawled behind the Nottingham train all the way to Derby.
Why did the signaller decide to do this? Logic would say the Edinburgh train would go first and make up time stopping only at Burton (the Nottingham train had to stop at Tamworth as well).
I did notice the Nottingham train at Derby station waiting as it arrived early!
The Edinburgh train must have lost another 10 minutes of time!
I checked the 11.19 BHM to Nottingham and it said that was delayed 2 mins , so I thought my train would set off first.
Eventually the 11.19 Nottingham train departed at 11.21 and the Edinburgh train departed at 11.22
This meant that the Edinburgh train crawled behind the Nottingham train all the way to Derby.
Why did the signaller decide to do this? Logic would say the Edinburgh train would go first and make up time stopping only at Burton (the Nottingham train had to stop at Tamworth as well).
I did notice the Nottingham train at Derby station waiting as it arrived early!
The Edinburgh train must have lost another 10 minutes of time!