Waverley125
Member
As Grantham is the station I use most often (after Leeds) I can confirm that it it usually very busy. Waiting for the 7:25 to Edinburgh on NYE morning there was easily a good 20-30 people waiting to get on going north, all of whom would have had to change at Doncaster if Grantham lost its services.
Also remember several stations serve as railheads for larger nearby towns-particularly Retford, which is a railhead for Worksop, Mansfield, Gainsborough and, for some people, Sheffield.
4-tracking the ECML between Huntingdon and Doncaster would greatly improve capacity, and would give the potential to extend FCC services northwards, though if this did happen I'd hope to see new stations at Stamford Parkway (Essendine), Tuxford, Bawtry & Rossington
Also remember several stations serve as railheads for larger nearby towns-particularly Retford, which is a railhead for Worksop, Mansfield, Gainsborough and, for some people, Sheffield.
4-tracking the ECML between Huntingdon and Doncaster would greatly improve capacity, and would give the potential to extend FCC services northwards, though if this did happen I'd hope to see new stations at Stamford Parkway (Essendine), Tuxford, Bawtry & Rossington