• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How can I tell how long my train was delayed by?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammer

Member
Joined
18 Feb 2013
Messages
8
Over Christmas I travelled on the 17.27 from Manchester to Reading on the 23rd. There was a very long delay at Birmingham where we were attached to another train and then had to travel slowly due to line restrictions. Stupidly I forgot to record what time we arrived at Reading.

Anyway I can find out so I can include this on my claim form?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,424
Location
Yorkshire
1727 Manchester - Bournemouth terminated at Birmingham New St (BHM) 1912.

If you were attached onto the 1635 Newcastle-Reading, that eventually left BHM 1955, and arrived at Reading 2204.

However I don't think it's that important, as the people receiving the claim can look this up (and I am sure would do anyway, to verify the delay!).

The data is now "open" and available through an ATOC data feed. Several websites are using this data feed and present it in a readable format. The website which goes back the furthest that I know of, is Raildar.co.uk. You can do a search for all XC trains passing through any station (e.g. BHM) on any date (e.g. 23/12/13), but I can't link directly to that page.
 

Jammer

Member
Joined
18 Feb 2013
Messages
8
thanks yorkie, that's great. i like to know myself just in case there is any dispute.

i have bookmarked the site for future reference.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top