I was watching the following video, attempting to see if I could find the new paint scheme 322481 has had.
Throughout the video, I realised I hadn't noticed how far the train's sides came from the roof to the bogies and bottom of the train, as with the class 313.
However as the video ended, I saw the train was traversing a corner which exemplified any idea that the train carriage was a cuboid.
This leads to my above question - how banked are railway curves?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69wFqLST9iY
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Oh. Wikipedia tells me that it's also known as 'camber', 'cant' or 'superelevation'.
Throughout the video, I realised I hadn't noticed how far the train's sides came from the roof to the bogies and bottom of the train, as with the class 313.
However as the video ended, I saw the train was traversing a corner which exemplified any idea that the train carriage was a cuboid.
This leads to my above question - how banked are railway curves?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69wFqLST9iY
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Oh. Wikipedia tells me that it's also known as 'camber', 'cant' or 'superelevation'.