• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hounslow Loop Service Cuts (2019?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhsquidward

Member
Joined
26 Jan 2023
Messages
7
Location
London
Does anyone know why the direct Hounslow Loop services from Waterloo-Waterloo via Hounslow and Richmond were cut to peak times only around 2019? I use the line regularly and find it fustrating having to make multiple changes to get from Hounslow to Richmond by train off peak when I could easily just get one. The buses aren’t that better when it comes to timetables as well…
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,979
Location
Airedale
Does anyone know why the direct Hounslow Loop services from Waterloo-Waterloo via Hounslow and Richmond were cut to peak times only around 2019? I use the line regularly and find it fustrating having to make multiple changes to get from Hounslow to Richmond by train off peak when I could easily just get one. The buses aren’t that better when it comes to timetables as well…
They still appear in the 2020 timetable, so I suspect Covid may have been a factor.
 

hhsquidward

Member
Joined
26 Jan 2023
Messages
7
Location
London
The problem is that the Kingston loop still sees a full day service but the Hounslow loop doesn’t and even with the 2022 timetable consultation they still only run 2tph the whole route at peak times with 4tph from Waterloo to Twickenham via Hounslow during the peak.
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,979
Location
Airedale
The problem is that the Kingston loop still sees a full day service but the Hounslow loop doesn’t and even with the 2022 timetable consultation they still only run 2tph the whole route at peak times with 4tph from Waterloo to Twickenham via Hounslow during the peak.
True - but the Hounslow loop was always the quieter of the two even in the peak and I was pleasantly surprised when it went up to 4tph.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top