• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hornby Mark 4 Coaches Jennay couplers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellwerker

Member
Joined
25 Oct 2019
Messages
16
Location
Germany
Good morning,

during my last holiday in Wales I fell in love with Transport for Wales' Marks 4s and got myself a train of five by Hornby. It's quite a nice rake, however pushing it with the DVT in front makes it derail in almost every curve. I already tried some different NEM couplings having multiple issues: Some were to short to even give the gangway connection enough space not to jam, others simply to long and chunky.

It was when I noticed fitting some kind of Jennay coupler might do the job, but I'm not sure which one to pick. Anyone out there who has already experimented with this kind of couplers, e.g. by Kadee, or even runs them on his layout?

Many thanks!

Best regards
Robert
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4COR

Member
Joined
30 Jan 2019
Messages
885
Location
W Oxon (UWL exile)
What radius curve are you propelling the rake over? It is derailing because of interference between couplers/gangways?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top