EdwardShaw
New Member
- Joined
- 23 Mar 2015
- Messages
- 2
I am trying to play the BVE in Kent, Ashford to Victoria route found here: http://www.mikan.demon.co.uk/john/john.htm on the hmmsim app for the IPad.
To those who are familiar with the hmmsim app, I have successfully converted the Birmingham Cross City Route following the instructions on this website: http://jeminie.kr/hmmsim/eng/addon.html and therefore followed the same method for the Ashford to Victoria route. using the same train file from the Birmingham cross City Route found here: http://railsimroutes.net/bve_trainsim/x-city_south.php , I received the 'train file does not exist' error.
I believe the problem is that I don't have a train file that the route file can convert with when trying to add the ashford to victoria route to the hmmsim app.
I think the best answers to this post would be:
1. Recommended train files and where to download them from people who have successfully downloaded and ran the simulation on a computer or preferably the hmmsim app on an IPad
2. A precise description of a successful bve to hmmsim conversion file configuration for the ashford to victoria route and correct train file with where to download said train file.
A closed post about the Ashford to Victoria Route found here: http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=21916 one of the postes states that you have to specifically use a BVE4 train file. I tried a few from this website: https://sites.google.com/a/bve4trains.com/bve4trains/downloads-bve4, but the few I had in the train folder when converting from bve to hmmsim would not exist in the app.
Long story short, would someone who has knowledge either about the Ashford to Victoria BVE Route or hmmsim and has converted the route successfully please tell me how they did it.
All possibly useful info is also requested.
I will check this post daily until I have confirmed that the issue has been resolved.
To those who are familiar with the hmmsim app, I have successfully converted the Birmingham Cross City Route following the instructions on this website: http://jeminie.kr/hmmsim/eng/addon.html and therefore followed the same method for the Ashford to Victoria route. using the same train file from the Birmingham cross City Route found here: http://railsimroutes.net/bve_trainsim/x-city_south.php , I received the 'train file does not exist' error.
I believe the problem is that I don't have a train file that the route file can convert with when trying to add the ashford to victoria route to the hmmsim app.
I think the best answers to this post would be:
1. Recommended train files and where to download them from people who have successfully downloaded and ran the simulation on a computer or preferably the hmmsim app on an IPad
2. A precise description of a successful bve to hmmsim conversion file configuration for the ashford to victoria route and correct train file with where to download said train file.
A closed post about the Ashford to Victoria Route found here: http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=21916 one of the postes states that you have to specifically use a BVE4 train file. I tried a few from this website: https://sites.google.com/a/bve4trains.com/bve4trains/downloads-bve4, but the few I had in the train folder when converting from bve to hmmsim would not exist in the app.
Long story short, would someone who has knowledge either about the Ashford to Victoria BVE Route or hmmsim and has converted the route successfully please tell me how they did it.
All possibly useful info is also requested.
I will check this post daily until I have confirmed that the issue has been resolved.