pieguyrob
Member
- Joined
- 27 Oct 2018
- Messages
- 573
Hi, I received this plate yesterday.

The locomotive number is 47480. I was wondering if any of you could shed any light on it?
It came into my possession after an operator's mum on my taxi firm passed away. When she saw this plate, she thought of me, as I like trains, it was in her mum's belongings.
Her grandad was a railway man in Derbyshire along time ago, possibly Midland Railway, but, the date wouldn't be right as this is presevation era?

The locomotive number is 47480. I was wondering if any of you could shed any light on it?
It came into my possession after an operator's mum on my taxi firm passed away. When she saw this plate, she thought of me, as I like trains, it was in her mum's belongings.
Her grandad was a railway man in Derbyshire along time ago, possibly Midland Railway, but, the date wouldn't be right as this is presevation era?