I am doing some research into the history of Weymouth services.
I visited the old station as a youngster, which was a bit of a ghost town.
I know that the GWR opened Weymouth station and allowed Southern to use it. I have read that the original boat trains ran from Paddingtonz as the Southern route to the Channel Islands used to be from Southampton.
I have also read the travelling post office (TPO) ran from Paddington into the 1960s.
A film from the early 60’s shows the Portland line and Weymouth had been handed to the Southern Region, as the Withered arm west of Salisbury was handed to Western Region.
Can anyone direct me to any information on historic Paddington Weymouth services please?
I visited the old station as a youngster, which was a bit of a ghost town.
I know that the GWR opened Weymouth station and allowed Southern to use it. I have read that the original boat trains ran from Paddingtonz as the Southern route to the Channel Islands used to be from Southampton.
I have also read the travelling post office (TPO) ran from Paddington into the 1960s.
A film from the early 60’s shows the Portland line and Weymouth had been handed to the Southern Region, as the Withered arm west of Salisbury was handed to Western Region.
Can anyone direct me to any information on historic Paddington Weymouth services please?
Last edited by a moderator:
.