Wyrleybart
Established Member
Wonder if anyone can help with with a question about these buses which EFE released some diecast models of over the last 25ish years. EFE27101 is finished and numbered to look like an ex Midland Red LS18 5244 painted in WMPTE blue and cream. EFE27102 is painted in Midland Red livery as Midland Red LS18 5190.
Whilst they do look like the LS18s, they also look a little short, and I am guessing EFE used the casting to produce a sort of "look alike".
Here is the Midland Red webpage for 5244 with a photo of it in Midland Red red livery
No expert on Midland Red buses at so wonder if anyone can tell me what the differences are please.
From what I do understand, buses seemed to have grown over the years, from roughly 27 feet, then 30 feet, then 33 feet, then 36 feet. The latter mostly for single deckers though.
Welcome any thoughts please
efe_page14A
www.britishmodelbuses.com
Whilst they do look like the LS18s, they also look a little short, and I am guessing EFE used the casting to produce a sort of "look alike".
Here is the Midland Red webpage for 5244 with a photo of it in Midland Red red livery
No expert on Midland Red buses at so wonder if anyone can tell me what the differences are please.
From what I do understand, buses seemed to have grown over the years, from roughly 27 feet, then 30 feet, then 33 feet, then 36 feet. The latter mostly for single deckers though.
Welcome any thoughts please