MCR247
Established Member
- Joined
- 7 Nov 2008
- Messages
- 10,292
Something puzzles me, when trains are hired to other TOCs, like NXEA having 2 LM 153s and SWT 158s being hired all over the country, if they can afford to hire them, do they need them in the first place.
I understand there is exceptions, like the 7(?) 142s with FGW that are Northerns.
But one that immediately comes to mind is SWT. I mean I'm sure they've had 2 158s on hire to EMT at the same time before, so why do they need them? I dont think this had anything to do with the DfT, so why would SWT hire them out if they really need them?
The ATW 150 on hire to FGW, does ATW really need it?
And then, well you have ScotRails 158s, but don't get me started on them....:roll::roll::-x
So anyway, what I'm saying is if TOCs can afford to hire stock out, couldn't they cope with losing that stock?
I understand there is exceptions, like the 7(?) 142s with FGW that are Northerns.
But one that immediately comes to mind is SWT. I mean I'm sure they've had 2 158s on hire to EMT at the same time before, so why do they need them? I dont think this had anything to do with the DfT, so why would SWT hire them out if they really need them?
The ATW 150 on hire to FGW, does ATW really need it?
And then, well you have ScotRails 158s, but don't get me started on them....:roll::roll::-x
So anyway, what I'm saying is if TOCs can afford to hire stock out, couldn't they cope with losing that stock?