• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

High Wycombe to Cooden Beach Off Peak Day Return route validity

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Zod

Member
Joined
5 Jan 2008
Messages
590
There only seems to be one CDR fare listed for this route so am I correct in assuming that the ticket can be used on HS1 from St Pancras ( changing at Ashford International) in addition to Southern services out of London Victoria ? I intend to start the return leg short at Hastings and travel via Ashfrod International into STP. I trust this is permissable ?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,784
Location
UK
Yes, the fare is routed "Any Permitted" and thus allows you to use all permitted routes to Cooden Beach. These include HS1 from St Pancras and Southern from Victoria, amongst many others (e.g. Southeastern from Charing Cross/Cannon Street via Tonbridge).

There are no break of journey restrictions so starting 'late' at Hastings would be fine. It wouldn't necessarily work the barriers though, so you might have to speak to station staff to be let through them.
 

General Zod

Member
Joined
5 Jan 2008
Messages
590
There are no break of journey restrictions so starting 'late' at Hastings would be fine. It wouldn't necessarily work the barriers though, so you might have to speak to station staff to be let through them.

It's the barrier issue that I was worried about and the gateline staff not knowing that I could start short at Hastings and use the Southern + HS1 route. The less knowledgeable may say that I need to buy a Hastings - Cooden Beach single and travel the route into Voctoria.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top