General Zod
Member
- Joined
- 5 Jan 2008
- Messages
- 590
Afternoon folks. I've just been messing about on Trainline and asked for a HWY - Berwick via Carlisle ticket and was surprisingly offered the said ticket but instead of being allowed the HWY-CAR-HEX-NCL route the journey I was given was route Glasgow or Edinburgh. I was just wondering if this is valid ? The route via Hexham seems more obvious but is not valid.
Routeing Guide :
Taking Berwick to be in Edinburgh Group then HWY - BWK is covered by maps :
EG+BS+MW
EG+CG+MW
MW+NE
This does allow the journey via Glasgow / Edinburgh.
If you take Berwick to be in Newcastle Group the results are very different. Which group does one use to calculate the valid route ?
cheers.
Routeing Guide :
Taking Berwick to be in Edinburgh Group then HWY - BWK is covered by maps :
EG+BS+MW
EG+CG+MW
MW+NE
This does allow the journey via Glasgow / Edinburgh.
If you take Berwick to be in Newcastle Group the results are very different. Which group does one use to calculate the valid route ?
cheers.
Last edited: