• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hertford Loop Sunday closures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamp

Member
Joined
9 Jun 2011
Messages
10
Location
Sheffield
Hi All,

I had an Advance ticket from EC to travel Grange Park to Sheffield via King's Cross and Doncaster on Sunday 18th November. I'd picked that date as the EC website told me FCC were running trains that day, having been using rail replacement buses on Sundays for many weeks prior. However it transpired it was a bus on the day, and not knowing that I arrived in time for the train EC's timetable had advised, thus missed my connection at KX. I had got the timetable up on my phone so knew I'd have to wait a good while for an EC train but could get home with EMT if I rushed, so ran to St Pancras, bought a ticket and went.

EC are now refusing to refund my out-of-pocket expenses saying I should have spoken to their staff and obtained a permit to travel on a later EC service (but there was no time to speak to staff and I didn't want to be delayed further). They also state that FCC cancelled the service at the last minute and that it wasn't possible to notify ticket holders.

I see that the Hertford Loop Sunday closures are continuing into the new year so perhaps this weekend was a mistake in the timetable. Does anyone know? It would help my argument with EC (of FCC if it was indeed a last minute cancellation).

What is going on on the Hertford Loop to cause these closures and when will they be finished? I make this journey fairly regularly but prefer to avoid the bus replacements.

Cheers,

Jamp
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ediswan

Established Member
Joined
15 Nov 2012
Messages
3,459
Location
Stevenage
What is going on on the Hertford Loop to cause these closures and when will they be finished? I make this journey fairly regularly but prefer to avoid the bus replacements.

Why were there no stopping services on Hertford Loop on a Sunday ? When are there any :D

As I understand it, mostly due to using the loop as a diversion for the ECML. No room for local trains as well. More recently, a lot of signalling work between Hertford and Stevenage. I have no idea which this was, if either.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top