trainophile
Established Member
Been checking for my usual Hereford to Southport return journey, outward 26th Sept, return 29th Sept, and I find that the £13 lowest price AP tickets that I always get suddenly fizzle out between Tues 27th and Weds 28th Sept, rocketing up to £20. This is the same for both directions from that date forward, as far as any APs are available (currently 30th Sept).
Seems (a) a bit steep an increase all in one go, and (b) a funny time to do it, mid-week.
When I looked last week there were no AP tickets at all loaded post-27th, then these £20 ones appeared. I've played around with different routes but they all come back the same.
Is this ATW's means of imposing a price increase I wonder? Or could there be some other explanation?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Over 200 views and no comments! Got everyone baffled then? I had thought some kindly ATW employee might know what was going on.
Still the same scenario today so it looks as if the days of £13 tickets on that particular route are at an end. Funny they should leap to £20, as they used to have £16 ones as well as the £13 ones.
Oh well, I'm sure there's a reason
.
Seems (a) a bit steep an increase all in one go, and (b) a funny time to do it, mid-week.
When I looked last week there were no AP tickets at all loaded post-27th, then these £20 ones appeared. I've played around with different routes but they all come back the same.
Is this ATW's means of imposing a price increase I wonder? Or could there be some other explanation?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Over 200 views and no comments! Got everyone baffled then? I had thought some kindly ATW employee might know what was going on.
Still the same scenario today so it looks as if the days of £13 tickets on that particular route are at an end. Funny they should leap to £20, as they used to have £16 ones as well as the £13 ones.
Oh well, I'm sure there's a reason
Last edited: