What's the cheapest option for an off-peak day return from Hemel Hempstead to Folkestone (Central or West) for two adults and a child with a Family & Friends and 16-25 Railcard? So far, I've got
Apart from looking for advance fares, either from St. Pancras or Charing Cross (as they don't seem to exist from Watford Junction or Hemel Hempstead), are there any options I've missed?
- 2 × adult railcard + 1 × child railcard HML – Watford Junction off-peak day return at £4.75 each / £1.35 + Southern DaySave Off-Peak Group at £50 + 2 × adult railcard + 1 × child railcard Ashford International – Folkestone Central off-peak day return at £6.45 / £1.85 each = £75.60 (I suspect this route's at least four hours each way, so I'd rather avoid this one)
- 2 × adult railcard HML – London Travelcard off-peak day return at £16.15 each + 1 × child railcard HML – London Travelcard off-peak day return at £4.65 + 2 × adult railcard London terminals – FKC super off-peak day return (no HS1) at £21.80 each + 1 × railcard London terminals – FKC super off-peak day return (no HS1) at £6.25 = £86.80
- 2 × adult railcard HML – FKC off-peak day return at £38.65 each + 1 × child railcard HML – FKC at £11.10 = £88.40
- £6.10 for an adult and child HML – WFJ off-peak day return w/ F&F + £55.70 for an adult off-peak day return from Watford Junction + £1 child fare + £38.65 HML – FKC w/ 16-25 = £100.45 (HML – FKC is a fare set by LNR, so splitting at Watford Junction for the £1 child fare)
Apart from looking for advance fares, either from St. Pancras or Charing Cross (as they don't seem to exist from Watford Junction or Hemel Hempstead), are there any options I've missed?