• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Helpful Ticket clerk at Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.

cambsy

On Moderation
Joined
6 Oct 2011
Messages
1,113
I dont know if correct part of forum, so feel free to move, Yesterday Tues 13th March, I went to buy my tickets London-Brighton[Gatex valid] return and Brighton-Cambridge return, after some helpful advice, I ended up with a Network card and the returns for just 6.00 more than just the returns, the ticket clerk was really helpfu, took his time and to me he went beyond normal service expected, so big up to him, I left a happy customer, with a Network card for the year, just like to post a positive story, that some staff go beyond what is expected of them.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

whhistle

Established Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
2,636
Rememeber, there's no commission for Ticket Offices.
Most will try and be as helpful as possible and advise purchasing a Railcard may be cheaper - even for that one journey.
But yes, make sure this gets sent to Southern too!
 

Steptoe

Member
Joined
9 Nov 2016
Messages
95
Location
East Anglia
I was well off-patch yesterday at Markinch station to pick up a timetable to plan a day out in Edinburgh; the ticket clerk called out to ask if he could help me with anything; asked me if I had a railcard, he then gave me the departure times of trains, the cost of a day return, and the time of the last off-peak return.

The only issue I have is that he was based in a newish station building while the original one was locked and shuttered:frown: (obviously due to current accessibility issues as the original was at road bridge level!)
 

stuart

Member
Joined
15 May 2012
Messages
99
Location
Highlands of Scotland
It's good to hear some positives for a change. Personally I believe in giving praise where it's due as well as criticism - on my last but one VTEC journey I sent two emails to their customer service team, one praising a member of the onboard crew and a second criticising another. If we could all remember to give credit where it's due, the world might be a happier place and perhaps - just perhaps - more notice might be taken of criticism when we do have to give it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top