Hi, I have 2 rail cards a friends and family and a network rail, as sometimes I travel to London alone and other times with my boys.
On this occasion I was travelling with my son and the ticket officer was checking tickets with the rail police ( im not sure if that’s what they are called). All my tickets and cards are on my Trainline app so I happily showed both only to have it pointed out that my friends and family card had ran out in November and this was March ! I had been looking at the date on my network railcard card as stupidly thought they were the same. The guard could see how I had made the mistake and how mortified I was and I renewed my card there and then.
Today I have had the email they have told me I would have and this said to send proof of my cards now and the ones before. They said they were looking at historic purchases right back to 2021.
I called Trainline as the app only shows the new cards and they told me they only hold details of the last cards so date purchased , end date and card number. They have said there system does not keep any card info past the previous one. I called them 3 times and asked 3 different people to be told the same thing.
I have responded straight away to the email, explaining what I have done and also how the guard had also realised and my other card was valid, I said I was mortified and sorry as I would never intentionally do anything like this. I have sent them photos of my current cards and the details of the previous and I have explained that Trainline do not keep any card info going back any further.
I know looking back I have made 4 journeys in the time my friends and family ran out but I am more worried that because they have said because I have used my cards back as far as 2021 what will they do now Trainline cannot give me any details and it’s all electronic.
Any guidance would be much appreciated as I’m literally having kittens here!!
On this occasion I was travelling with my son and the ticket officer was checking tickets with the rail police ( im not sure if that’s what they are called). All my tickets and cards are on my Trainline app so I happily showed both only to have it pointed out that my friends and family card had ran out in November and this was March ! I had been looking at the date on my network railcard card as stupidly thought they were the same. The guard could see how I had made the mistake and how mortified I was and I renewed my card there and then.
Today I have had the email they have told me I would have and this said to send proof of my cards now and the ones before. They said they were looking at historic purchases right back to 2021.
I called Trainline as the app only shows the new cards and they told me they only hold details of the last cards so date purchased , end date and card number. They have said there system does not keep any card info past the previous one. I called them 3 times and asked 3 different people to be told the same thing.
I have responded straight away to the email, explaining what I have done and also how the guard had also realised and my other card was valid, I said I was mortified and sorry as I would never intentionally do anything like this. I have sent them photos of my current cards and the details of the previous and I have explained that Trainline do not keep any card info going back any further.
I know looking back I have made 4 journeys in the time my friends and family ran out but I am more worried that because they have said because I have used my cards back as far as 2021 what will they do now Trainline cannot give me any details and it’s all electronic.
Any guidance would be much appreciated as I’m literally having kittens here!!