• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help: South Eastern Fare Evasion - Solicitor needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumble

Established Member
Joined
1 Jul 2011
Messages
1,500
Just a further update as I know it helps people, I have been waiting to pay the fine as I had 21 days - and was of course waiting for my payday ans Christmas. I had tried to pay online straight away but the online service was showing the wrong amount - my settlement was around £1000 but the online system was showing over £1200. I have had to wait till today to call up the debt recovery line and it is also showing as wrong for them…..

The lady refused to take payment as she could see the letter stating the correct amount and says the online system must be an error and I will have to email to get this corrected.

Frustrating as she said no one from prosecutions are “in office” so I will have to wait for them to reply to my email which is also getting dangerously close to the 21 day.


Anyone else had a similar issue to this?
I hope you made a record of her name and screenshots of the wrong amount on the portal
If they did take you to court you would be able to threaten to call her as a witness.
( Before anyone tells me that the lady is not a witness it would focus the prosecutions mind)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
17,913
Location
0036
If they did take you to court you would be able to threaten to call her as a witness.
To give what evidence?

Nothing an office clerk might say would be of any relevance to showing the defendant is not guilty.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top