Hi all, I'm a newbie searching for some advice.
Its all moved very quickly for me I applied for trainee train driver position with southern rail....on 17th july, i had my assessments and structured interiew on wednesday and had my final interview today. Apparently i passed all of my assesments at a high standard but i'm not sure about my final interview, the questions were rather bizzare and not all what I had been prepping myself for....they mirrored the structured interview...lots of can u give us an example of......your greatest achievment...etc etc I am so worried now that I may have fallen at the last hurdle as I was under the impression from my interview confirmation email that if I succeeded in todays interview I would be booked in for my medical...instead I was told that I would hear sometime next week with a YES NO or YES on HOLD answer....the training starts on 3rd september so time is of the essence.
Not sure if this is an indication but i was in the interview for 1hr 50mins and after they finished asking me questions they asked which depot I would like to be stationed at (choice of 2... I said either would be suitable) they explained the pay structure and route i would drive along with shift times....is this a positive or run of the mill?
Has anybody been in a simular situation and if so what was the outcome....I know its a bit of a how long is a piece of string question....but searching for some reassurance!!! :neutral:
Its all moved very quickly for me I applied for trainee train driver position with southern rail....on 17th july, i had my assessments and structured interiew on wednesday and had my final interview today. Apparently i passed all of my assesments at a high standard but i'm not sure about my final interview, the questions were rather bizzare and not all what I had been prepping myself for....they mirrored the structured interview...lots of can u give us an example of......your greatest achievment...etc etc I am so worried now that I may have fallen at the last hurdle as I was under the impression from my interview confirmation email that if I succeeded in todays interview I would be booked in for my medical...instead I was told that I would hear sometime next week with a YES NO or YES on HOLD answer....the training starts on 3rd september so time is of the essence.
Not sure if this is an indication but i was in the interview for 1hr 50mins and after they finished asking me questions they asked which depot I would like to be stationed at (choice of 2... I said either would be suitable) they explained the pay structure and route i would drive along with shift times....is this a positive or run of the mill?
Has anybody been in a simular situation and if so what was the outcome....I know its a bit of a how long is a piece of string question....but searching for some reassurance!!! :neutral:
Wish you all the best mate.