• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help needed to identifiy carriage at Avon Valley Bitton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighthawke

Member
Joined
7 Nov 2015
Messages
67
I hope this is ok to ask and post a photo. I am trying to identify the blood and custard carriage seen here at Bitton (Avon Valley Railway) on 9th August 2018. I didn't check at the time and cannot trace it via the internet. Not knowing of other sources to ask, I am hoping someone here can help please.

2018_08_09 Avon Valley Railway_00001.jpg
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NormyFGW

Member
Joined
26 Apr 2014
Messages
8
Location
BRISTOL
As said, this is indeed Mark 1 BSO 9208. Built BR Doncaster 1955 initially with 39 std class seats. Numbers carried were E9208 and DB977134. Was named 'Grace' in July 2000 and formed part of AVR's dining train formation.
 

Nighthawke

Member
Joined
7 Nov 2015
Messages
67
Thanks gents for your help. I had somehow got 9208 assumed already as chocolate and cream and rued it out. Having returned to this after nearly two years I can now recheck photos, notes etc.

@DarloRich - Yes I have the site as one of my "goto" regulars as well as PRSL. Due to the change in paint scheme there was some confusion - now sorted so many thanks again.

I need to study more to be able to identify carriage types and colour names.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top