Hello, all.
I'd like to first state that I know absolutely nothing about trains or locomotives, but I do know a lot about tanks and armoured vehicles.
I am currently trying to identify the train that some smokeboxes came off.
These smokeboxes were used to make an armoured personnel carrier by the British army during the 1916 Easter Rising in Dublin. See my article on Tanks Encyclopedia for more: http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww1/gb/Daimler_Guinness
As far as I can work out, there were two types used. The most common one is this:
http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Armouredcar__Mik_O__Farrell_-large.jpg
Four have been riveted together to make it. In fact, three of this type were made. I can provide more photos upon request.
The other type is this:
http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/w.../02/more-builders-of-the-daimler-guinness.jpg
Sorry, no better photos for this one. Two, large, fat ones have been riveted together.
I can tell you that these smokeboxes almost certainly came from locomotives made in GS&WR, Inchicore, Dublin, circa 1870-1916.
Could anybody help me out and identify the train that they came off?
Thanks
I'd like to first state that I know absolutely nothing about trains or locomotives, but I do know a lot about tanks and armoured vehicles.
I am currently trying to identify the train that some smokeboxes came off.
These smokeboxes were used to make an armoured personnel carrier by the British army during the 1916 Easter Rising in Dublin. See my article on Tanks Encyclopedia for more: http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww1/gb/Daimler_Guinness
As far as I can work out, there were two types used. The most common one is this:
http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Armouredcar__Mik_O__Farrell_-large.jpg
Four have been riveted together to make it. In fact, three of this type were made. I can provide more photos upon request.
The other type is this:
http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/w.../02/more-builders-of-the-daimler-guinness.jpg
Sorry, no better photos for this one. Two, large, fat ones have been riveted together.
I can tell you that these smokeboxes almost certainly came from locomotives made in GS&WR, Inchicore, Dublin, circa 1870-1916.
Could anybody help me out and identify the train that they came off?
Thanks