Hi,
This November me and my mother are going on a trip to Bristol. We will be flying with Scandinavian Airlines into Heathrow and then catch a train from Paddington. As we will be making an very early start in Sweden we would like to travel first class to make the trip as enjoyable as possible. I'm now looking at buying the UK train tickets, but I'm very confused about all the different options.
I'm not sure exactly how we'll get from Heathrow to Paddington, however I'm not willing to pay for very expensive first class tickets for a 15-minute trip. What we would like to have is first class tickets Paddington - Bristol and return. What kind of ticket would be the best and cheapest option? Is it possible to reserve seats, or can you count on the first class section not being overcroweded? The outward trip will be in the early evening and return in late morning.
Also, are the GWR services still HSTs, or have the new trains arrived? Unfourtantly my mother is unable to travel on tilting trainsets, as she gets pretty bad motion sickness.
This November me and my mother are going on a trip to Bristol. We will be flying with Scandinavian Airlines into Heathrow and then catch a train from Paddington. As we will be making an very early start in Sweden we would like to travel first class to make the trip as enjoyable as possible. I'm now looking at buying the UK train tickets, but I'm very confused about all the different options.
I'm not sure exactly how we'll get from Heathrow to Paddington, however I'm not willing to pay for very expensive first class tickets for a 15-minute trip. What we would like to have is first class tickets Paddington - Bristol and return. What kind of ticket would be the best and cheapest option? Is it possible to reserve seats, or can you count on the first class section not being overcroweded? The outward trip will be in the early evening and return in late morning.
Also, are the GWR services still HSTs, or have the new trains arrived? Unfourtantly my mother is unable to travel on tilting trainsets, as she gets pretty bad motion sickness.