Have you never been on the tube in rush hour then?

That sounded like what probably would happen!
I was only complaining about use of language on here (have reported those emails) - but the answer is yes, every day for years, but that was in the '60s. We just stood, crammed, and put up with the crush. People did not delay trains (Bakerloo, Waterloo to Paddington 0815, now that was a crush, a dangerous one at the foot of the escalators, just to get onto the platform) but realised that the quicker the doors closed, the quicker another one behind could arrive.
As a footnote, I don't know whether matters have improved, but on 7/7 anniversary, I always have wondered why the bombers only picked one very effective target (from their point of view). The example I give above would have been a much more effective choice. All four bombers together could have killed hundreds, had they studied the options more. What would prevent that now? All this fuss at airports (and Eurotunnel) and no checks at stations - I don't understand the logic used at all.
Need another thread for that issue I suppose.