• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Have Berney Arms passenger numbers reduced since the pub closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JW16

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2015
Messages
145
Location
Romford
Since the pub closed last year, I wonder if there has been a noticeable decrease in passengers using the station?

I heard the pub reopened last month but not sure if the rumour is true.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pitdiver

Established Member
Joined
22 Jan 2012
Messages
1,290
Location
Warsop Vale
The last information I had was that the adjacent Tea Room was open but not the Pub.
 

Essexman

Established Member
Joined
15 Mar 2011
Messages
1,476
I used the station last month and the pub was closed. No sign of a tea room.
 

chubs

Member
Joined
30 Oct 2012
Messages
694

Tio Terry

Member
Joined
2 May 2014
Messages
1,198
Location
Spain
Not so sure the availability of the pub will affect the passenger flow much, most of the pub trade came from passing river traffic. Most of the rail passengers are more interested in walking to Reedham or Great Yarmouth from what I understand.
 

306024

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2013
Messages
3,974
Location
East Anglia
Since the pub closed last year, I wonder if there has been a noticeable decrease in passengers using the station?

There wasn't exactly a 'noticeable' number of passengers in the first place :)
 

Sleepy

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2009
Messages
1,836
Location
East Anglia
There wasn't exactly a 'noticeable' number of passengers in the first place :)

The chap doing a guided tour with about 20 oap's on a Sunday morning was always interesting - the gap between train and platform is not great for the less mobile !! Sure control thought I was crazy when explained delay :shock::D:D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top