causton
Established Member
Any way of getting this a bit cheaper?
HAT to London Victoria - getting there for 09:30ish this Friday, coming back at about 21:15- to use up our Southern 90% off tickets.
It will be me (16-25 railcard, Oyster card w/ railcard discount) and my mother (adult, not old enough for any discount!).
I know the railcard will prove to be not that useful, at least for the outward journey. Plus, I could get a coach there (unfortunately not back, as I'll miss the last one) which is £10.50 for both me and my mum, so if that would be cheaper then we'll just take the train back from London and get the coach out. It might be better to get the coach out as I know once I've got on it I have a definite seat all the way - whereas on a train I will definitely have to change at one point.
NRE says £19 for an adult - £31.55 for both of us.
£19.10 for two singles from VIC to HAT (Adding the coach fare, £29.60 both ways then. I can save some money off that using my Oyster and just getting a ticket from an outer London station and touching out en-route)
Sorry, I've rambled too long.
Summary: Can you find a cheaper fare for 2 adults (1 with 16-25 railcard) from HAT to VIC than £29?
Thanks
HAT to London Victoria - getting there for 09:30ish this Friday, coming back at about 21:15- to use up our Southern 90% off tickets.
It will be me (16-25 railcard, Oyster card w/ railcard discount) and my mother (adult, not old enough for any discount!).
I know the railcard will prove to be not that useful, at least for the outward journey. Plus, I could get a coach there (unfortunately not back, as I'll miss the last one) which is £10.50 for both me and my mum, so if that would be cheaper then we'll just take the train back from London and get the coach out. It might be better to get the coach out as I know once I've got on it I have a definite seat all the way - whereas on a train I will definitely have to change at one point.
NRE says £19 for an adult - £31.55 for both of us.
£19.10 for two singles from VIC to HAT (Adding the coach fare, £29.60 both ways then. I can save some money off that using my Oyster and just getting a ticket from an outer London station and touching out en-route)
Sorry, I've rambled too long.
Summary: Can you find a cheaper fare for 2 adults (1 with 16-25 railcard) from HAT to VIC than £29?
Thanks

Last edited: