• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hamrick Vue Scan 9.7.98 with Plustek Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Luxton

Established Member
Joined
23 Nov 2014
Messages
2,041
Location
Liverpool
Just a heads up for anyone who uses Hamrick VueScan Software. This morning I have just downloaded the latest update 9.7.98 and have encountered problems with my Plustek 8200i Scanner.

Scanner starts clicking and program crashes in IR clean scan.

Have reported it to Hamrick Software, they are looking into it.

If you do use this software I suggest holding off installing the latest update just for now.

I reinstalled version 9.7.96 in and things were back to normal.

John
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John Luxton

Established Member
Joined
23 Nov 2014
Messages
2,041
Location
Liverpool
Just realised I posted this in the wrong section.

Anyway after a bit of toing and froing of log files they have tweaked the latest release of 9.7.98 and the one on the web site now works fine with a Plustek 8200i.
 

D365

Veteran Member
Joined
29 Jun 2012
Messages
13,195
Not a scanner that I use, but I’m glad that they take such an active interest in resolving problems. I’ll bear it in mind if I ever run into any bugs myself.
 

John Luxton

Established Member
Joined
23 Nov 2014
Messages
2,041
Location
Liverpool
Not a scanner that I use, but I’m glad that they take such an active interest in resolving problems. I’ll bear it in mind if I ever run into any bugs myself.
Its actually scanning software which will work with most major film and flat bed scanners without installing specific drivers and is much better than some of the software which comes bundled with hardware. Certainly good for using with a Plustek scanner.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top