Hi all,
Today I've travelled from ExCel to Iver. I have touched my Oyster Card in at ExCel and arrived at Ealing to change. Before I went to the platform, I touched out as that's where the Contactless option ends. I then went to the fast ticket machine to buy a ticket for Iver.
I've recently made redundant and was planning to go back to uni. Thought of getting a rail card to save travel cost. I then took a look at options of how much the fare i can save for daily travel. I then pressed back, and selected the ticket to buy - because I did not start over, the machine gave me the ticket for young people. This is my fault- I did notice it when I was proceed to payment as it was not the usual 4.10 that I pay, but 3.65. I didn't try to start over as I did not get give the 50 pence difference much thoughts.
Then I was stopped and of course I have no rail card to give... The officer took my details and said there will be a letter sent to me.
I am quite worried on whether this will ask for prosecution. I have been travelling to London for the past three years and have all bank record to proof that I've paid the full fare. Seriously that the only one is today. I can submit all my bank statements as proof if it helps.
I truly regret that I cut corners this time. But fear of being prosecuted for fare evasion. I'll wait for the letter to come and give the statement: it is my fault. But anyone has any advice on how to avoid going to court for this?
Today I've travelled from ExCel to Iver. I have touched my Oyster Card in at ExCel and arrived at Ealing to change. Before I went to the platform, I touched out as that's where the Contactless option ends. I then went to the fast ticket machine to buy a ticket for Iver.
I've recently made redundant and was planning to go back to uni. Thought of getting a rail card to save travel cost. I then took a look at options of how much the fare i can save for daily travel. I then pressed back, and selected the ticket to buy - because I did not start over, the machine gave me the ticket for young people. This is my fault- I did notice it when I was proceed to payment as it was not the usual 4.10 that I pay, but 3.65. I didn't try to start over as I did not get give the 50 pence difference much thoughts.
Then I was stopped and of course I have no rail card to give... The officer took my details and said there will be a letter sent to me.
I am quite worried on whether this will ask for prosecution. I have been travelling to London for the past three years and have all bank record to proof that I've paid the full fare. Seriously that the only one is today. I can submit all my bank statements as proof if it helps.
I truly regret that I cut corners this time. But fear of being prosecuted for fare evasion. I'll wait for the letter to come and give the statement: it is my fault. But anyone has any advice on how to avoid going to court for this?