Likelihood of being injured taking a photo? Dare I mention the words 'square root of diddly squat'?
Well that depends, just look at the amount of morons that come out the wood work when there is a special coming through...ala the video with the man that almost squared up to 170 at speed!..amoung many others I bet
What I find most odd that enthusiasts preach their rights based on the guidelines that are disseminated to various groups and companies, yet ignore the part that would require the very slighest of effort on their part from those same guidelines. There is a small amount of hypocrisy there somewhere.
I'm still waiting for someone to point me in the direction where is says in black and white that somone is allowed to be on railway property for something other than legitimate railway buisness? I only ask becuase railway enthusiasts seem to think they have an enshrined right to be there anytime they want, without seeing somewhere that specifically says that I personally do not think they have.
This is one of the main reasons why we prohibit train crews from walking into/out of work sites or exiting the cab without permission. Our systems say that we will arrange for train crews to be accomapnied to and from, and incoming crews should really sign in through our site access control. Unfortunately train crews very rarely comply
This is usually (at least from my experience) becuase site access can be difficult to find and sometimes has no relation to where the worksites actually are or where the trains are located. Its not right and as you say, everyone that needs access should sign in at the appointed place but you lot dont always make it easy
