• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR - Trainee Train Driver - Recruitment Discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

B00kworm

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2026
Messages
8
Location
Wokingham
Hi all

Got my email today too, to book my DMI so nearly 2 months after the MMI but perhaps 4-5 weeks after finding out I passed it. Booked DMI for end of Oct.

I have a question about training courses. I was going to book a family holiday for end of July but worry about not being able to accept a course prior (if I pass and if a course becomes available for me before then of course :lol:). Has anyone not been able to accept a course? Are you still kept in the talent pool or do they give you the boot? Seems harsh but I understand the competition of it all
 

Top