• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR to reintroduce daytime compartment stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimbleshanks

Established Member
Joined
2 Jan 2012
Messages
1,283
Location
Purley
Don't know if anyone else has been getting GWR ads on their Internet feed but it looks as if at least one British train operator has seen the light and is reintroducing compartment stock on their daytime trains. Not sure about the four-a-side seating on the British loading gauge though...
 

Attachments

  • GWR ad.PNG
    GWR ad.PNG
    357.3 KB · Views: 189
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

frankmoh

On Moderation
Joined
7 May 2025
Messages
826
Location
London
Stock image probably.

I have noticed that after the 1980s there seems to be a lot less comedy and drama films using trains as they increasingly didn't have compartments.

Well, I don't think a clapped out 4CEP would have made for the best setting for a film in 2005.
 

Shaw S Hunter

Established Member
Joined
21 Apr 2016
Messages
3,497
Location
Over The Hill
Don't know if anyone else has been getting GWR ads on their Internet feed but it looks as if at least one British train operator has seen the light and is reintroducing compartment stock on their daytime trains. Not sure about the four-a-side seating on the British loading gauge though...
Not sure if this post is actually serious; anyone who has travelled much on the continent could tell you that is a picture of fairly typical European side corridor stock. In other words the advertising agency had simply used a stock image. Nothing to do with GWR's future rolling stock plans.
 

stuu

Established Member
Joined
2 Sep 2011
Messages
3,772
You would think GWR would supply their own images to the agency, guess they were too embarrassed to use the IETs for publicity
 

duffield

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2013
Messages
3,301
Location
East Midlands
I'd be a bit suspicious about this ad, it just doesn't seem right. The wording seems a bit odd, and I'm pretty sure GWR would insist on a picture of one of their trains. As we've only got the graphic, I can't see where the "Learn More" button leads but I wonder if it points to a scam website?
 

43096

On Moderation
Joined
23 Nov 2015
Messages
18,878
I'd be a bit suspicious about this ad, it just doesn't seem right. The wording seems a bit odd, and I'm pretty sure GWR would insist on a picture of one of their trains. As we've only got the graphic, I can't see where the "Learn More" button leads but I wonder if it points to a scam website?
And every word with a capitalised first letter, which is odd.
 

brad465

Veteran Member
Joined
11 Aug 2010
Messages
11,541
Location
Taunton or Kent
I'd be a bit suspicious about this ad, it just doesn't seem right. The wording seems a bit odd, and I'm pretty sure GWR would insist on a picture of one of their trains. As we've only got the graphic, I can't see where the "Learn More" button leads but I wonder if it points to a scam website?
Given similar scams have been discovered and relayed back to this forum, coupled with social media these days being very bad at dealing with spam/scams, this wouldn't surprise me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top