• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR - Service Delivery Assistant - Oxford & Exeter St David's

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhys37429

Member
Joined
3 Jun 2014
Messages
176
GWR - Service Delivery Assistant - Oxford & Exeter St David's
Closing Date: 10 September 2017, (11th for Exeter)
Salary - not specified.
Contracted Hours: 35 per week.

Your main responsibilities will be:

Providing the highest levels of customer service and being proactive to customer needs.

Ensuring the safe and punctual departure of trains from the station, following correct dispatch procedures.

Providing information and assistance to customers.

Ensuring the safety of customers, staff, visitors and contractors is given the highest priority.

Ensuring the cleanliness of all areas of the station especially toilets, waiting rooms, platforms, stairs and subways.

Liaising with other key GWR departments to ensure accurate and timely information is given to customers, especially in times of service disruption.

Oxford - https://uk.firstgroupcareers.com/va...very-assistant--5665-oxford/5693/description/

Exeter - https://uk.firstgroupcareers.com/va...tant--5739-exeter-st-davids/5767/description/
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lmc1976

Member
Joined
2 Aug 2017
Messages
162
I've recently posted a seperate thread asking if anybody knows what sort of salary these jobs would attract, so thought I would ask here aswell!

Thanks
 

FGW_DID

Established Member
Joined
23 Jun 2011
Messages
3,037
Location
81D & 81E
Can't speak for Exeter but Oxford should be around the £23k-£24k mark, OT available & Sundays should be outside the working week, although it has been a few years since I was an SDA (not at Oxford but in same area) so can't be too accurate.
 

Holski

Member
Joined
9 Oct 2017
Messages
8
So the Exeter post may be different? Don't GWR have Uniformity in their pay structure? Only asking as I have applied for the Exeter role and have my Assessement at Newton Abbot on the 20th.
 

FGW_DID

Established Member
Joined
23 Jun 2011
Messages
3,037
Location
81D & 81E
So the Exeter post may be different? Don't GWR have Uniformity in their pay structure? Only asking as I have applied for the Exeter role and have my Assessement at Newton Abbot on the 20th.

I shouldn't think it would be wildly different but there would appear to be no uniformity. I enquired about a Customer Ambassador role as the wife was interested, the wages were all different and that was just Oxford, Reading & Paddington!

I think a lot of the differences stem from the various Ts & Cs inherited from the former parts of the franchises eg Thames Trains etc. A fitter at Reading may be on a completely different contract and wage to one doing the same role at say, St Phillips Marsh.
 

Holski

Member
Joined
9 Oct 2017
Messages
8
Cheers FGW, worth me asking at the assessment? Dont want to be cheeky!!!:D
 

Holski

Member
Joined
9 Oct 2017
Messages
8
So had interview on Monday at St David’s. Went well I thought, made me feel at ease. Salary is 24k. Told I should find out next week if successful. Could the chap from Exeter I met on the assessment day at Newton Abbot let me know how you got on, I’m sure your involved in this thread. Sorry forgot your name sir!!!
 

In Ter City

New Member
Joined
9 Nov 2017
Messages
1
I've finally signed up to this excellent forum so i can reply Holski... I had my interview last week. Felt pretty much the same as you. Was made to feel very much at ease. I've just got a nagging doubt i didn't really do myself justice. Saying that i'm sure lots of people come away from interviews over analysing their performance. Good luck for next week! Oh..BTW my names Jon..
 

Holski

Member
Joined
9 Oct 2017
Messages
8
I've finally signed up to this excellent forum so i can reply Holski... I had my interview last week. Felt pretty much the same as you. Was made to feel very much at ease. I've just got a nagging doubt i didn't really do myself justice. Saying that i'm sure lots of people come away from interviews over analysing their performance. Good luck for next week! Oh..BTW my names Jon..
Hi Jon, best of luck to you too. Lets hope we're working together soon!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top