• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR running Great Malvern - Cardiff 24/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjoh

Member
Joined
7 Apr 2016
Messages
372
Location
London, E11.
As I was passing through Great Malvern today, I noticed that GWR are running trains to Cardiff from there. These trains usually go to Westbury and further afield. What was the reason for not doing so today, and further for choosing to terminate at Cardiff rather than Bristol?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,490
Location
Wick
As I was passing through Great Malvern today, I noticed that GWR are running trains to Cardiff from there. These trains usually go to Westbury and further afield. What was the reason for not doing so today, and further for choosing to terminate at Cardiff rather than Bristol?

Track renewals at Bristol.
 

Parallel

Established Member
Joined
9 Dec 2013
Messages
4,532
The Portsmouth to Cardiff trains were avoiding Bristol Temple Meads but stopping additionally at Lawrence Hill and Bristol Parkway yesterday. I guess the Great Malvern trains ran from Cardiff more or less when the Taunton ones usually do.
 

Class 170101

On Moderation
Joined
1 Mar 2014
Messages
8,662
Looks like some platform closures at Bristol Temple Meads and line closures north there of. Severn Beach branch closed yesterday and replaced by buses.
 

Kieran1990

Member
Joined
29 Feb 2016
Messages
420
Location
Leeds
Some interesting moves on RTT for XC and some GWR regional services heading out and reversing on the bath line to gain the route up to Filton
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top