According to https://www.gwr.com/plan-journey/tickets-railcards-and-season-tickets/booking-tickets-in-advance as of today, the following journeys are not yet open for reservations:
I assume this means that it's not possible to book advance tickets on those routes/dates. Nice money-spinner for GWR, a couple of months with no advance purchase fares available on the Oxford/Cotswold route. I imagine there'll be a feeding frenzy once they are released … but when will that be, and how will one find out (apart from hitting refresh every few minutes on the page linked above
?
I think I read somewhere that GWR isn't the only one failing to release reservations appropriately far in advance (90 days?) — and that it's a franchise requirement to do so. Hmm.
- from Monday 1 January through to Friday 9 March 2018 for services between London and Oxford/Worcester/Hereford
- all GWR services on Saturday 3 February 2018
- all GWR services on Sunday 28 January and Sunday 4 February 2018
I assume this means that it's not possible to book advance tickets on those routes/dates. Nice money-spinner for GWR, a couple of months with no advance purchase fares available on the Oxford/Cotswold route. I imagine there'll be a feeding frenzy once they are released … but when will that be, and how will one find out (apart from hitting refresh every few minutes on the page linked above
I think I read somewhere that GWR isn't the only one failing to release reservations appropriately far in advance (90 days?) — and that it's a franchise requirement to do so. Hmm.