STEVIEBOY1
Established Member
- Joined
- 31 Jul 2010
- Messages
- 4,001
Hi, all being well I shall be travelling for the first time in ages on GWR in a few days time. It will be my 1st experience of their new (Inter City) type trains as I think all the 125s have gone?
As the the services have been altered due to CV. Does anyone know 1, how many carriages will my trains have, 5 or 10? 1248 Pad to Bristol Parkway on a Thursday, Returning on a Monday at 1056. I did look at Realtime trains, but it did not seem to give that info? and 2. Will it be under diesel or electric power,? I am not sure how far West the electric has reached.?
By the way, I have been booked on specific trains, but they don't show seat or carriage numbers which seems a bit odd. According to RTT it departs from Pad Platform 9. So I shall go there and walk as far forward as possible, in case the train is busy. It should not be such an issue at Pad, but there won't be so much time to find a seat at Parkway when I come home. The trains go to and from Swansea I think.
As the the services have been altered due to CV. Does anyone know 1, how many carriages will my trains have, 5 or 10? 1248 Pad to Bristol Parkway on a Thursday, Returning on a Monday at 1056. I did look at Realtime trains, but it did not seem to give that info? and 2. Will it be under diesel or electric power,? I am not sure how far West the electric has reached.?
By the way, I have been booked on specific trains, but they don't show seat or carriage numbers which seems a bit odd. According to RTT it departs from Pad Platform 9. So I shall go there and walk as far forward as possible, in case the train is busy. It should not be such an issue at Pad, but there won't be so much time to find a seat at Parkway when I come home. The trains go to and from Swansea I think.