• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Pullman question

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamn

Established Member
Joined
22 May 2008
Messages
1,708
Quick question - I want to take the 12.03 or 13.03 from Paddington to Plymouth on Friday 20th this month and am wondering how essential booking a first class ticket is in order to get a seat on the Pullman - does anyone know how busy it usually is? My understanding is that 1st class holders can reserve in advance but standard have to just try their luck.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

VT 390

Established Member
Joined
7 Dec 2018
Messages
1,755
When I have used the Pullman service on a standard ticket before on the 13:03 there was plenty of space available so I would have thought that if you take any of the trains in the middle of the day you would not have a problem getting a space but from what I understand the evening services (18:03 and 19:03) out of Paddington are usually quite popular so a reservation would be recommended on these ones.
 

RPI

Established Member
Joined
6 Dec 2010
Messages
3,363
Lunch time ones usually ok, 18:03/19:03 no chance.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top