Firstly, apologies for the lengthy post...
I was due to travel from Penzance to Paddington via Bristol Temple Meads yesterday with the following tickets:
Penzance to Tiverton Parkway off peak single with Devon and Cornwall railcard, purchased via TVM
Tiverton Parkway to Bristol Temple Meads via Crosscountry purchased on line as an advance single e-ticket from Crosscountry website
Bristol Temple Meads to Paddington advance single on GWR, but booked online via Crosscountry
As GWR advice was not to travel due to lack of staff, I deferred my journey to today (meaning a short notice A/L day was required)
Due to restrictions being lifted I joined a train at Penzance and stayed on until Paddington. Ironically we were routed via Temple Meads anyway, due to Newbury works, stopped there, but not platformed.
Question is do I have a claim to submit, or will it get refused as I travelled a day later on their advice?
With some of the tickets being booked via Crosscountry would they refer me to them?
I am not trying to claim for the days A/L as yesterday afternoon on Porthminster beach in St. Ives was glorious.
But the bottom line is that their Sunday service was appalling yesterday with many West Country services stopping or starting short or cancelled altogether and I was inconvenienced. Total ticket cost was £54.50.
What is the general consensus?
I was due to travel from Penzance to Paddington via Bristol Temple Meads yesterday with the following tickets:
Penzance to Tiverton Parkway off peak single with Devon and Cornwall railcard, purchased via TVM
Tiverton Parkway to Bristol Temple Meads via Crosscountry purchased on line as an advance single e-ticket from Crosscountry website
Bristol Temple Meads to Paddington advance single on GWR, but booked online via Crosscountry
As GWR advice was not to travel due to lack of staff, I deferred my journey to today (meaning a short notice A/L day was required)
Due to restrictions being lifted I joined a train at Penzance and stayed on until Paddington. Ironically we were routed via Temple Meads anyway, due to Newbury works, stopped there, but not platformed.
Question is do I have a claim to submit, or will it get refused as I travelled a day later on their advice?
With some of the tickets being booked via Crosscountry would they refer me to them?
I am not trying to claim for the days A/L as yesterday afternoon on Porthminster beach in St. Ives was glorious.
But the bottom line is that their Sunday service was appalling yesterday with many West Country services stopping or starting short or cancelled altogether and I was inconvenienced. Total ticket cost was £54.50.
What is the general consensus?