• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR incident – advice needed

armin

New Member
Joined
5 Oct 2026
Messages
1
Location
n/a
GWR incident – advice needed


Hi everyone,


I had an issue with a GWR inspector recently. I paid for my ticket during the interaction, but the inspector said they would report me to the police because of some incorrect details I provided. He told me that, he issued the ticket, I paid and then he left.


I wasn’t given any paperwork, and I’m worried about what might happen next.

His body-worn camera was turned on.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Did you hear anything afterwards, and how was it resolved?


I’d appreciate any advice.

Thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jfollows

Established Member
Joined
26 Feb 2011
Messages
10,158
Location
Wilmslow
What sort of ticket did you hold? If you had some kind of e-ticket, did the inspector scan it? What ticket were you subsequently issued? Where were you travelling from and to?
 

Top