• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Delay Repay on Freedom Travelpasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyH007

New Member
Joined
17 Oct 2024
Messages
1
Location
UK
Hiya, I recently visited Bristol and brought myself a Freedom Travelpass (Zones ABCD) which allows unlimited off-peak travel on XC, GW & SW (and local buses). However, whilst travelling on a GW service from Bath Spa (BTH) to Bristol Temple Meads (BRI) I encounted a 44 minute delay. I tried submitting a delay repay form and on said form it asks for a ticket number. I asked a XC & GW staff member on what number to provide and they pointed it out. Upon entering my ticket number it says "Number must be 5 digits, ..." - my ticket number was 6 digits.

How do I work around this and is it possible to even claim DR on this ticket?

Please note: I brought the ticket off First bus. The ticket is called "Freedom Travelpass Zones ABCD"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joe Paxton

Established Member
Joined
12 Jan 2017
Messages
2,959
Might be a good idea to change the thread's title from 'GWR Delay Repay on Freedom Passes' to 'GWR Delay Repay on Freedom Travelpasses'...
  • the Freedom Pass being a widely issued pass for older London residents or those with eligible disabilities
  • the Freedom Travelpass being a multi-modal ticket available for purchase for travel in Bristol and the West of England
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,544
Location
LBK
Put any old five digits in, the system just wants a number in the box. It’s meaningless to the mechanics of the claim.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top