• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Customer Host in Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Termy

Member
Joined
29 May 2013
Messages
226
Hey all,

There's a great wealth of knowledge on this forum, about a lot of different topics. It's amazing reading through everything!

I've been invited to an assessment centre for a GWR Customer Host position based out of Swansea. I thought that this would be a talent pool thing (That's what the vacancy details said!), is it common for the assessment centre to be arranged so early on?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RPOMan

Member
Joined
9 Oct 2017
Messages
96
Location
Kent
I had an assessment day with SE that I passed, now, almost 3 years later I have just accepted a role!
 

Termy

Member
Joined
29 May 2013
Messages
226
Thank you for your reply, RPOMan. That's useful to hear. Congratulations on your new role! :D
 

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2013
Messages
3,227
The ideal of a talent pool is to have candidates ready when a vacancy arises, as such, assessments and interviews will be held relatively early compared to potential start dates, to be able to build up said pool.
 

Termy

Member
Joined
29 May 2013
Messages
226
Thanks, tiptoptaff. From the sounds of it, it does sound more efficient to have everything ready so you can just pull someone in as needed. Gives me some time to complete my Level 3 NVQ then!

I can imagine, RPOMan! I've applied for many roles over the last few years, got so close to being a Train Manager with FGW (Oh, I shall miss the dynamic lines livery...), and I'm still waiting to hear back on a Signaller role with Network Rail nearby too... I really just want to get in and started in the best career environment imaginable!
 

Emily Jane

Member
Joined
15 Oct 2018
Messages
6
Location
South Wales
Thanks, tiptoptaff. From the sounds of it, it does sound more efficient to have everything ready so you can just pull someone in as needed. Gives me some time to complete my Level 3 NVQ then!

I can imagine, RPOMan! I've applied for many roles over the last few years, got so close to being a Train Manager with FGW (Oh, I shall miss the dynamic lines livery...), and I'm still waiting to hear back on a Signaller role with Network Rail nearby too... I really just want to get in and started in the best career environment imaginable!

Did you get the job? I also went for this position had my AD in August got through to final interview which was cancelled at the last moment due to "staff requirement changes" so haven't had my final interview and feeling a little in limbo :( I cant even say I'm in the hold pool will just have to wait and see I guess.
 

Termy

Member
Joined
29 May 2013
Messages
226
Did you get the job? I also went for this position had my AD in August got through to final interview which was cancelled at the last moment due to "staff requirement changes" so haven't had my final interview and feeling a little in limbo :( I cant even say I'm in the hold pool will just have to wait and see I guess.

I'm afraid I didnt't, I attended the interview but didn't make it to the second half. However, I have since secured and started an apprenticeship with TfL in London, so I have my foot firmly in the door in the transport industry now!
 

Emily Jane

Member
Joined
15 Oct 2018
Messages
6
Location
South Wales
I'm afraid I didnt't, I attended the interview but didn't make it to the second half. However, I have since secured and started an apprenticeship with TfL in London, so I have my foot firmly in the door in the transport industry now!


well Done to you! that's amazing
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top