CR165022
Established Member
Is it the same 166s every day on Paignton to Exmouth? Because 166205, 166212 and 166216 were out today
They swap between Exeter and Bristol fairly frequently so it does vary.Is it the same 166s every day on Paignton to Exmouth? Because 166205, 166212 and 166216 were out today
I have seen so far, and have probably missed some. since December 2020......202, 203, 205, 206, 208, 209, 210. 211, 212, 213, 217, 218, 221.Is it the same 166s every day on Paignton to Exmouth? Because 166205, 166212 and 166216 were out today
Is it the same 166s every day on Paignton to Exmouth? Because 166205, 166212 and 166216 were out today
I have seen so far, and have probably missed some. since December 2020......202, 203, 205, 206, 208, 209, 210. 211, 212, 213, 217, 218, 221.
So going through them. They seem to spend a few days at Exeter before going back to Bristol.
I have also seen 165s but only once in passenger service when two were coupled together.
166208, 211, and new to me 220 running today. the 165 was down here a few weeks for the training before going back wherever. A 166 continued the training when it included Crediton.In theory it is a 3 day cycle, but depending on actual requirements or failures, each one may stay down longer/less time.
165s have appeared occasionally however this is avoided as much as possible, due to the short formation of the train. The reason you will have seen a 4 car 165 on Paignton before, is because it was operating the morning or afternoon school train, which should not be short formed. You cannot run a 4 car 165 to Exmouth, so that is why it was not an "all day" thing. That was only done by cancelling part of the driver training diagram, which fortunately was also a 165 that day.
That's the plan nowThere often now seems to be 3 x 166s on Exmouth to Paignton at the moment.
Wow that’s good! It’ll make a nice change from the 150s all the time definitely.That's the plan now
While I was down there I didn't see any 158s at all, is seeing one down there rare nowadays?
158s are rare at Paignton Monday-Saturday, why I stopped to take the picture, but often about on a Sunday.While I was down there I didn't see any 158s at all, is seeing one down there rare nowadays?
I am led to believe that all of the 166s have been to Paignton, the last one to do so I think was 166201 as it was up in Reading for a while operating diagrams there.Passing Paignton today and 166219 in platform 1 and 158956 in platform 2. Only 4 166s have not been to Paignton.
I should have said only four I have not seen. I'm usually about at Torre once a week at 0820, going to M&S, when two pass each other and by the time I get back to pass Paignton the third is usually there. I still haven't seen 201, 204, 215, 216 but could easily missed them.I am led to believe that all of the 166s have been to Paignton, the last one to do so I think was 166201 as it was up in Reading for a while operating diagrams there.
215 and 216 have been down there for sure, 215 was down there for around 5 days while i was down there and 216 was for the usual 3 days, but easy to miss!I should have said only four I have not seen. I'm usually about at Torre once a week at 0820, going to M&S, when two pass each other and by the time I get back to pass Paignton the third is usually there. I still haven't seen 201, 204, 215, 216 but could easily missed them.
Just as a heads up for you, 166201 is currently down here and has been on Exmouth to Paignton for the last couple of days so may well be on one of the diagrams later today too.I should have said only four I have not seen. I'm usually about at Torre once a week at 0820, going to M&S, when two pass each other and by the time I get back to pass Paignton the third is usually there. I still haven't seen 201, 204, 215, 216 but could easily missed them.

Are 16x diagrammed for all Cardiff to Portsmouth trips or are there any which are still 158s?
Is it still as per post 1143 of just one diagram starting with the 07:30 from Cardiff?
Post #1143 referred to Saturdays. For Mondays to Fridays, scroll back to Post #1061 to find the 158s
We had two 2 car diagrams on the Devon Metro yesterday too (though looks all ok today), I'm not sure if its a knock on effect of there being low "Castle class" availability, in the last few days a 150 has made it to Cardiff again due to this.Any idea what is going on today (15th September)? At least two 2 carriage diagrams out on the North Downs line.