• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR 1st Class Child

ajhard

Member
Joined
2 Sep 2011
Messages
63
Hi there,

Looking to use my GWR Rewards benefits and want to sense check my approach.
I have both the Free 1st Class and Standard Class returns available as well as the 40% off voucher.
I’m planning to do a return Reading to Plymouth, coming back on the Pullman, however my 10 year old wants to come with me!

I can use the Free 1st for me, and I could book him the Free Standard, on the Pullman I assume he would be ok to sit with me - he won’t want to eat…
But for the outbound he’d need a 1st ticket or we would both have to sit Standard. Upgrades look crazy expensive on SeatFrog, are there any tricks forgetting a cheap 1st ticket either one way or return for a child?

Thanks for any suggestions.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

VT 390

Established Member
Joined
7 Dec 2018
Messages
1,754
I can use the Free 1st for me, and I could book him the Free Standard, on the Pullman I assume he would be ok to sit with me - he won’t want to eat…
If the Pullman dining became fully booked or is very busy you may have issues as even if not eating he would still be taking up a seat that would otherwise be used by someone eating.
Also consider if you reserved a place for yourself (you can only reserve Pullman dining with a first class ticket) you may be allocated one of the single seats, although if quite they may be able to accommodate you both.
 

Top