D a v e
Member
- Joined
- 17 Apr 2013
- Messages
- 10
Hi
I'm new to the forum and would be really interested to hear some views on this proposal.
I'm aware that it may be a long way off and may never happen, but I would love to know what people think about the potential problems posed by the geography of the potential route, where exactly the junctions might be positioned and their impact on existing buildings and roads, particularly at the Guiseley end where the proposal appears to pass through existing housing.
Page 40 of this "LBA Master Plan" document shows the outline proposal for the route:
http://www.leedsbradfordairport.co....les/lba-airport/pdfs/LBIA_Masterplan_REVJ.pdf
I'm new to the forum and would be really interested to hear some views on this proposal.
I'm aware that it may be a long way off and may never happen, but I would love to know what people think about the potential problems posed by the geography of the potential route, where exactly the junctions might be positioned and their impact on existing buildings and roads, particularly at the Guiseley end where the proposal appears to pass through existing housing.
Page 40 of this "LBA Master Plan" document shows the outline proposal for the route:
http://www.leedsbradfordairport.co....les/lba-airport/pdfs/LBIA_Masterplan_REVJ.pdf
Apologies if there is already a thread about this somewhere, but I couldn't find anything in my search.Leeds Bradford International Airport
Masterplan 2005-2016 (key extracts)
New road and rail surface access links have therefore been
proposed to the Airport
The rail link could provide additional light or heavy rail capacity linking the
- A new direct road link from the A65;
- A new fixed rail link, currently being investigated as part of a review of the Harrogate line.
Wharfdale and Airedale lines and offering an alternative route between
Leeds and Bradford and enabling trains for example to link Bradford to
Harrogate and York via Guiseley and the Airport.
...Assess the need for a transport interchange including a possible
park and ride facility on a site adjacent to the Airport. A park and
ride facility, associated with a fast train link to either Leeds or
Bradford, would add further weight to the case for a rail link, as it
would offer a valuable public transport alternative to the private car...
