Giard
Member
Ey up all,
I was recently discussing with a friend who works up north and they got a bit salty when I mentioned that I am not prepared to get abuse over a £2 fare (for instance) as guards, this is what we are ‘paid to do.’ It is my understanding that whilst we should be monitoring fares, safety critical tasks is what we are paid to do. Any hint of aggressions, I feel like it’s best to just walk away. Plus, with QR scanners it is easier than ever to flag tickets as invalid.
Am I right in suggesting that it is the likes of the company’s respective fraud departments that should be taking the brunt of these confrontations? If this is in the wrong forum, please feel free to move. Any discussions on this topic would be handy. Would love to know other peoples thoughts.
I was recently discussing with a friend who works up north and they got a bit salty when I mentioned that I am not prepared to get abuse over a £2 fare (for instance) as guards, this is what we are ‘paid to do.’ It is my understanding that whilst we should be monitoring fares, safety critical tasks is what we are paid to do. Any hint of aggressions, I feel like it’s best to just walk away. Plus, with QR scanners it is easier than ever to flag tickets as invalid.
Am I right in suggesting that it is the likes of the company’s respective fraud departments that should be taking the brunt of these confrontations? If this is in the wrong forum, please feel free to move. Any discussions on this topic would be handy. Would love to know other peoples thoughts.