• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guard on Croydon to Milton Keynes service

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapAndNerdy

Member
Joined
17 Jan 2010
Messages
357
I have noticed on a couple of occasions while travelling south from Kensington Olympia that, up to Clapham Junction, there is a guard who is controlling the doors and making announcements. However he "disappears" at that point. Is this union rules, some arcane contractual arrangement, or am I simply unobservant? :D
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

the sniper

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2007
Messages
3,498
However he "disappears" at that point. Is this union rules, some arcane contractual arrangement, or am I simply unobservant? :D

I don't know the area well, but south of Clapham Junction could the train be Driver Only Operated (DOO)?
 

313103

Established Member
Joined
13 May 2006
Messages
1,595
The service is indeed DOO operated between East Croydon and Clapham Junction.
 

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
21,191
Location
0035
I wondered this the other week when I saw the Southbound working dispatched from Clapham Junction with bat and green flag shown to the driver, but Northbound with a guard on board.
 

the sniper

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2007
Messages
3,498
Everybody probably knows this, but a similar thing happens on the Chiltern Main Line. Guard's only work as far south as Banbury, then the trains go DOO to Marylebone.
 

Pumbaa

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
5,022
Yes - threw me off first time I saw it, especially as just the week before on a 350 the guards went right through (obviously).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top