• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - Trainee Train Driver - Driver Manager Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

dts430

Member
Joined
19 Mar 2026
Messages
6
Location
Cambridgeshire
Hello everyone, I’ve got a Driver Manager interview coming up this April in Cambridge with GTR.

I just wanted to ask what kind of questions they usually ask—will it be similar to an MMI?

Thank you in advance
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Zugaga

Member
Joined
2 Mar 2026
Messages
50
Location
Surrey
Hello everyone, I’ve got a Driver Manager interview coming up this April in Cambridge with GTR.

I just wanted to ask what kind of questions they usually ask—will it be similar to an MMI?

Thank you in advance
That all depends. The MMI is part of the nationally standardised suite of assessments while the DMi is not, which is probably why it varies from depot to depot even within the same TOC. Based on my own experience and reading what others have said in this forum about the DMi experience, it's an interview for fit and they will ask whatever (& keep you as long as) they think is necessary to satisfy them that, if they give you the job, then you will actually pass out.
 

dts430

Member
Joined
19 Mar 2026
Messages
6
Location
Cambridgeshire
That all depends. The MMI is part of the nationally standardised suite of assessments while the DMi is not, which is probably why it varies from depot to depot even within the same TOC. Based on my own experience and reading what others have said in this forum about the DMi experience, it's an interview for fit and they will ask whatever (& keep you as long as) they think is necessary to satisfy them that, if they give you the job, then you will actually pass out.
Thank you for the advice
 

hawkster26

Member
Joined
20 Jan 2026
Messages
96
Location
iver
Yes I have passed stage 1 & 2 + MMI at Watford OPC on 25th of Feb. Just waiting to book my DMI.
 

hawkster26

Member
Joined
20 Jan 2026
Messages
96
Location
iver
@whitby26 Have you had your DMI yet, I have completed assessments and waiting for mine so would be interested to get an idea of what the wait time looks like.
Not yet, they asked me my availability for the year and I mentioned a holiday in May so I don’t expect to hear from them until June
 

Purplerain77

Member
Joined
31 Jan 2026
Messages
82
Location
Dartford
Same with me, once I got the initial email inviting me to the mini scatt everything moved fast now has stalled at the DMI stage
Interesting, I’ve just been told today I’ve passed stage 2 and my dmi will be booked for the end of the month or around that time
 

hawkster26

Member
Joined
20 Jan 2026
Messages
96
Location
iver
Interesting, I’ve just been told today I’ve passed stage 2 and my dmi will be booked for the end of the month or around that time
Did they ask you for your availability for the year ? I passed end of Feb haven’t heard again since as I told them I have a holiday in May and just booked another one for July
 

Purplerain77

Member
Joined
31 Jan 2026
Messages
82
Location
Dartford
Did they ask you for your availability for the year ? I passed end of Feb haven’t heard again since as I told them I have a holiday in May and just booked another one for July
They didn’t no, just told me that the availability for the manager at my depot was full for the next 3 weeks but after then it should be pretty much immediately. Are you thinking that they are holding back till you’re availability is free?
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,579
Folks,

Given this thread is discussing DMI/MMI, I’m going to bring it to a close. We’ve plenty of threads which have discussed these interviews at length - particularly the Assessment and Medicals Discussion.

Please do see other GTR related threads for TOC specific queries.

Take care :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top