Was tempted but decided not to and to stay with GTR. Surely something has to start in April. Have you?Anyone applied for the other Trainee driver jobs eg with GWR?
Was tempted but decided not to and to stay with GTR. Surely something has to start in April. Have you?
I personally can’t be bothered applying anywhere else. It’s taken me 3 years and numerous applications to get through to assessments, dmi etc etc and il be damned if I have to do any more bloody SJT,s or the like. I just hope it works out as Hornsey is super convenient for me. On a positive note it looks like they will be seeing out the franchise until 2021 so fingers crossed they plough ahead with driver recruitment now!Was tempted but decided not to and to stay with GTR. Surely something has to start in April. Have you?
Hi guys, I've been watching this thread for a while as I was in the recruitment process for GTR. I've worryingly heard tonight from a friend who works for GTR that all course in the new year are going to be cancelled or filled with fast tracked internal candidates. Sorry for the **** news.
Have no idea really. Just passing on what I had been told. It could be totally dud info though. However, it's come from an employee so that's the worrying bit. For those people in a pool it might be worth giving HR a ring for clarity?Any reason why they are cancelled? And does this mean no vacencies advertised for a while?
Some of the talent pools were for future depots that didn't then open. I am waiting for Cricklewood and have a friend who has just started driving there and know they are very short of numbers.It’s worrying though when you read back through some of these threads and see what others have said about getting stuck waiting in talent pools ..especially for GTR. Some said they waited for 2 years only to then be told they had enough drivers etc. Hope it doesn’t happen to us but who knows
Spoke to someone within the company and as far as they are concerned,all their different talent pools are live and active.Training school is open again,with meetings happening in the 3rd week of this month.I will ask for more info after these meetings and keep you all posted.
In answer to your question Kelboman,I have been told that I am quite high up on the list.Fingers crossed for all of us and lets hope it's a very happy 2019.
Thanks for the update KommaSpoke to someone within the company and as far as they are concerned,all their different talent pools are live and active.Training school is open again,with meetings happening in the 3rd week of this month.I will ask for more info after these meetings and keep you all posted.
In answer to your question Kelboman,I have been told that I am quite high up on the list.Fingers crossed for all of us and lets hope it's a very happy 2019.
Thanks for that. At least it's some kind of news. Hopefully we will all get a call soon.No news from HR,but my friend who is on a training course spoke to his rules/traction trainer last month and he said that he was doing traction courses until the end of January and then getting ready to start new courses in March.Hopefully HR will be having their meeting in the next week or so and we might hear something early February.