• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR Southern [now confirmed a Thameslink role, not Southern]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
Couple weeks ago I think

Those are the dates he was given probably still shortlisting

I imagine circa 100 people will be invited for assessment
 

steviebuk

Member
Joined
19 Aug 2015
Messages
80
Sweet, thanks for that.. just one big waiting game with the train companies..
 

Twedds74

Member
Joined
12 May 2015
Messages
131
Location
Kent
Im still awaiting a reply, although I have passed the assessments with another Toc, so hopefully they're just finalising DMI dates!?
 

Traintobe

Member
Joined
18 May 2015
Messages
22
I've got a date for assessment on the 15th, it's actually a thameslink position not southern
 

Class2ldn

Established Member
Joined
25 Feb 2011
Messages
1,403
Well just check tge terms and conditions of the contract are not southern
 

Scottpod1981

Member
Joined
26 Jan 2015
Messages
50
Do you think it may be worth a phone call/email to see the current status for people waiting on a response?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I've got a date for assessment on the 15th, it's actually a thameslink position not southern

When did you submit your application? what date?
 

Traintobe

Member
Joined
18 May 2015
Messages
22
I applied on the 6th of August, and also had it confirmed by HR that it's a thameslink role
 

Scottpod1981

Member
Joined
26 Jan 2015
Messages
50
When did they first contact you to inform you assessment dates??
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
What date did you submit StevieB?
 

maps87

Member
Joined
17 Aug 2015
Messages
13
I submitted mine on 9th August and haven't heard anything either way. I guess it's not good news, if other people have been given assessment dates.
 

Scottpod1981

Member
Joined
26 Jan 2015
Messages
50
I submitted mine on 9th August and haven't heard anything either way. I guess it's not good news, if other people have been given assessment dates.

From the people on this thread only two have assessment dates so far! So you never know, fingers crossed
 

Matt-the-mutt

Member
Joined
1 Oct 2011
Messages
53
Well if it helps at all I applied for a position on the Great Northern Route on the 15th of August, applications closed the next day. was invited for an assement on the 28th of august, attended that yesterday and got through to the interviews.

Hope that helps in some way.
 

Garth1971

Member
Joined
9 Sep 2015
Messages
13
Hi all, I completed my application on the 7th Aug for the Three Bridges advert. Been checking every day but heard nothing yet. Mind you, I also applied for Brighton in Jan 2014 and I think that application is under consideration again.
 

Scottpod1981

Member
Joined
26 Jan 2015
Messages
50
Well hopefully no news is good news!!
Officially the the advertisement only closed on 06/09.

Has anyone tried contacting GTR/southern HR to see what the state of play is??
 

Garth1971

Member
Joined
9 Sep 2015
Messages
13
Hi ML,

Brighton was advertised in Jan 2014 but I submitted my application on the closing date not realising they are apparently looked at in date order. I had an email saying my application wouldn't be looked at back then due to there being 3500 applicants and they had identified 80 people from the previous applications - fair enough, I wouldn't want to go through 3500 applications either! Then there was another email in November which seemed to indicate that they were again assessing old applications, but this didn't filter through to my home email. Anyway - it appears I may have two applications on the go although I'm not sure of the Brighton one is still showing on their systems is only showing due to an IT glitch, I wouldn't have thought they'd be considering it over a year after I submitted it?!

My Three Bridges application was submitted 7th August and I noticed that the advert disappeared from their site around the 12th August. Fingers crossed I'll hear back but seems unlikely if others have heard already.
 

redbutton

Member
Joined
5 Sep 2013
Messages
461
If you're after Three Bridges depot, that'll be Thameslink. Southern have a small booking-on point in the station, but no vacancies there (it's very senior).

All the vacancies would be in the new TL superdepot down the road from the station.

I believe GTR may be hiring for all brands from the same applicant pool now, so that would explain the confusion.
 

Traintobe

Member
Joined
18 May 2015
Messages
22
Yes your correct this is a thameslink role at three bridges as I sat the assessment yesterday and passed
 

Garth1971

Member
Joined
9 Sep 2015
Messages
13
Got offered an assessment day for Brighton which I'm now booked up on. Bit concerning to see that not many seem to be getting through though!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top