Hello!
I have received a letter from GTR notifying me of their intent to prosecute me for travelling without a valid ticket. I bought a shorter ticket from East Croydon to Gatwick Airport although I should have bought one from London Bridge. I was caught by a Revenue Protection Officer at Gatwick Airport. I admitted to the offence when I was caught. I have no excuse and feel very silly for doing it since I could now end up with a criminal record.
I am very eager to settle the matter out of court. I want to respond to the letter with an apology and ask them to consider letting me pay the fare and any other additional costs but I am worried because the letter says I was stopped at London Bridge Station when I was actually stopped at Gatwick. I'm concerned that my account won't match with theirs.
I have short ticketed before but on random occasions so I wouldn't be able to correctly identify times when I have done it in the past. Should I inform them of this as well? The threat of prosecution has rattled me through my bones I wont even think about doing it again.
I was was wondering if anyone had any advice on the best ways to go about responding to them.
Any help is appreciated and welcomed.
Thank you
I have received a letter from GTR notifying me of their intent to prosecute me for travelling without a valid ticket. I bought a shorter ticket from East Croydon to Gatwick Airport although I should have bought one from London Bridge. I was caught by a Revenue Protection Officer at Gatwick Airport. I admitted to the offence when I was caught. I have no excuse and feel very silly for doing it since I could now end up with a criminal record.
I am very eager to settle the matter out of court. I want to respond to the letter with an apology and ask them to consider letting me pay the fare and any other additional costs but I am worried because the letter says I was stopped at London Bridge Station when I was actually stopped at Gatwick. I'm concerned that my account won't match with theirs.
I have short ticketed before but on random occasions so I wouldn't be able to correctly identify times when I have done it in the past. Should I inform them of this as well? The threat of prosecution has rattled me through my bones I wont even think about doing it again.
I was was wondering if anyone had any advice on the best ways to go about responding to them.
Any help is appreciated and welcomed.
Thank you
